C# IoT Application Developer
Chowbotics is looking for a high-caliber software engineer with a go-getter attitude and a passion for embedded systems. The selected candidate will develop, package, and maintain a C# based payment server on a Raspberry Pi for our food robots. The implementation involves a middleware between a food ordering application and payment processor, and requires integration with Point of Sale (POS) terminals and payment processing solutions from multiple vendors, support for remote management and debugging, logging, etc.
- Study API and SDK documentation from multiple POS and payment processing vendors to understand the requirements for integrating with those solutions.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented, and reliable C# code, and reusable C# libraries.
- Write unit tests and automate execution of test cases to ensure that code quality meets a minimum set standard before it is handed to the software testing team.
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders throughout the software development cycle to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software to our customers.
- Debug customer-reported issues, identify bottlenecks, and design and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS/CE/IT or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer, especially with implementing client-server applications.
- Strong foundation in object-oriented design and programming, SOLID principles, and design patterns such as MVC.
- Proficiency in C# development.
- Ability to implement unit tests and testing automation.
- Familiarity with basics of Linux, computer networking, and communication protocols.
- Familiarity with JSON and Mono .NET Framework, and hands-on experience with Raspberry Pi would be a big plus.
- Ability to work well with remote team members, including in overseas locations.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a flair for working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Chowbotics makes fresh food accessible with Sally, the world’s first fresh food robot. Sally’s innovative technology provides customizable salads, bowls, and snacks 24/7 in a 3’X3’ space. Chowbotics was recently selected as one of The World’s Most Innovative Companies in Robotics by Fast Company, joining a prestigious list of companies “making the most profound impact on both industry and culture.” Fast Company previously highlighted Sally as one of “10 Restaurant Innovations Changing the Way We Eat” and as a finalist in the 2018 World-Changing Ideas Awards. The National Restaurant Association’s Kitchen Innovation Awards, BIG Innovation Awards, Edison Awards, and Best in Biz Awards recently recognized Chowbotics for the robot’s impact on the foodservice industry. For more information about Chowbotics, visit www.chowbotics.com.
In the next 5 years, robots will be everywhere in the foodservice business. Chowbotics is the #1 company in this $50B market right now, with the first commercially sold food-making robot from the United States. In a world where junk food is affordable and readily available, Chowbotics products make nutritious food tasty, affordable and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Studies indicate regular consumption of foods made by Chowbotics robots could reduce the incidence of diseases such as cancer and diabetes, make people productive and energized and in addition make people look fitter and feel better. For more information about Chowbotics, visit www.chowbotics.com. Investors include Foundry Group, Techstars Ventures and Geekdom Fund.