- This individual will manage Chowbotics’ software development team, which has mobile developers, back-end engineers and QA people.
- We believe in having managers and directors who are good at setting technical vision, getting their hands dirty as well as co-ordinating various activities.
- Much of our software team is in India, so meetings may often be late in the night or early in the morning. There may be travel to India once a quarter. The ability to communicate and work well with offshore teams is crucial.
- At least 3 years of work experience as a mobile developer or back-end software developer.
- Help improve code quality through set up of good QA processes as well as unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Located in Silicon Valley and has a MS or PhD degree. Title will change based on the candidate’s experience and skill level.
- Experience with startups is highly desirable.
Interested in applying for this position? Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chowbotics develops robots for food service. By automating repetitive tasks, Chowbotics aims to increase productivity and enable creativity, both in and out of the kitchen. The company’s first product, Sally the Salad Robot, allows users to create custom salads. A video of Sally the Salad Robot is available at this link. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity of ingredients, keeping them fresh, sanitary, and separate. Future robots will offer breakfast as well as Mexican and other ethnic foods. These robots could be used in cafeterias, restaurants, hotels and other commercial venues. Chowbotics, was founded by Deepak Sekar, Ph.D., an inventor with more than 100 patents. He serves as the CEO. Rich Page, an Apple Fellow who joined Steve Jobs as Co-Founder and VP at NeXT, is Executive Chairman. Charlie Ayers, the chef who set up Google’s food program, is Executive Chef. Kelly Olazar, who led the Google-X culinary team, is Vice President, Culinary Services. Investors include Techstars Ventures and Foundry Group.
- Gourmet lunches prepared by some of the most talented chefs in the country
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, with the company paying 100% of the plan, for both you and your family
- You’ll be surrounded by superstars who work harder and more passionately than any other team you’ve been part of.
- Robots are cool. Robots that make food are even cooler. Your family and friends will think you have the coolest job in the world.