Redwood City, CA or Dallas, TX or Los Angeles, CA
- Support sales and marketing teams with demo and deployments
- Represent Chowbotics in a positive manner when staffing onsite demos and deployments.
- Learn how to use robots to assist in troubleshooting and development of new procedures
- Call center staffing
- Evangelize Chowbotics through product demos and in-market events
- A track record of thriving in a self-starting environment leveraging your drive, creativity, and intellect
- Demonstrate a successful history of technical ability
- Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding organization and time- management skills, excellent attention to detail
- A relationship builder, able to assist customers in a professional manner
- Roll up your sleeves attitude, flexibility to work on different tasks to match ever changing needs of fast paced startup
- Food background helpful
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, with the company paying 100% of the plan, for both you and your family
- Gourmet lunches prepared by some of the most talented chefs in the country
- You’ll be surrounded by superstars who work harder, more passionately and more productively than any other team you’ve been part of.
- Robots are cool. Robots that make food are even cooler. Your family and friends will think you have the coolest job in the world.
Over the next 5 years, robots are expected to be prevalent in food service. Minimum wage is increasing from $9 to $15, average attrition in the food industry is more than 100%, labor is hard to find in big cities and robots offer exciting features such as 24×7 availability, mass customization and food consistency. Chowbotics has been one of the early players in the food service robotics space.
The company’s first product, Sally the Salad Robot, allows users to create custom salads in cafeterias, restaurants and hotels. A video of Sally is available here. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity of ingredients, keeping them fresh and sanitary. Sally allows fresh, healthy food to be taken to locations where they are not available today and provides this food 24×7. Customer feedback from Sally’s deployments in the San Francisco Bay Area has been excellent. Offices which provide lunch but not dinner, small offices without full cafeteria services and offices with break rooms are emerging as early adopters. Future robots will offer breakfast, pizza as well as Mexican and other ethnic foods.
CB Insights has recognized Chowbotics as one of the 89 startups reinventing the restaurant. Chowbotics was founded by Dr. Deepak Sekar, an inventor with more than one hundred patents. He serves as the CEO. Rich Page, an Apple Fellow who joined Steve Jobs as Co-Founder and VP at NeXT, is Executive Chairman. Charlie Ayers, the chef who set up Google’s Food program, is the Chief Culinary Officer. Investors include Foundry Group and Techstars Ventures.
To apply, please contact Keith Giordano at firstname.lastname@example.org.