RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of experience designing Android apps, all the way from requirements to production, and owning it through customer deployments
- Familiarity with AI and machine learning will be a bonus
- Being a position in a startup, we are looking for highly motivated people who want to push their limits and grow quickly as a result of it
- The position would be located in Silicon Valley. Relocation will be supported.
- This would be a fun role involving getting our food making robots to talk, listen and see!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, with the company paying 100% of the plan, for both you and your family
- Gourmet lunches prepared by some of the most talented chefs in the country
- You’ll be surrounded by superstars who work harder, more passionately and more productively than any other team you’ve been part of.
- Robots are cool. Robots that make food are even cooler. Your family and friends will think you have the coolest job in the world.
Over the next 5 years, robots are expected to be prevalent in food service. Minimum wage is increasing from $9 to $15, average attrition in the food industry is more than 100%, labor is hard to find in big cities and robots offer exciting features such as 24×7 availability, mass customization and food consistency. Chowbotics has been one of the early players in the food service robotics space, and has released the first commercially available product.
The company’s first product, Sally the Salad Robot, allows users to create custom salads in cafeterias, restaurants and hotels. A video of Sally is available here. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity of ingredients, keeping them fresh and sanitary. Sally allows fresh, healthy food to be taken to locations where they are not available today and provides this food 24×7. Customer feedback from Sally’s deployments in the San Francisco Bay Area has been excellent. Offices which provide lunch but not dinner, small offices without full cafeteria services and offices with break rooms are emerging as early adopters. Future robots will offer other types of cuisine.
CB Insights has recognized Chowbotics as one of the 89 startups reinventing the restaurant. Chowbotics was founded by Dr. Deepak Sekar, an inventor with more than one hundred patents. He serves as the CEO. Rich Page, an Apple Fellow who joined Steve Jobs as Co-Founder and VP at NeXT, is Executive Chairman. Charlie Ayers, the chef who set up Google’s Food program, is the Chief Culinary Officer. Investors include Foundry Group and Techstars Ventures.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pursuing this opportunity.