Chowbotics is looking for a talented Senior Visual Designer who is passionate about creating beautiful design solutions. Your work is always flawlessly executed; you keep the customers top of mind; and you’re constantly looking for new ways to work better, helping to evolve our internal practices as our team grows, inspiring creativity and sparking bigger, better ideas. You will brainstorm new concepts and translate them into a visual format from mood boards, storyboards, interactive page layouts, websites, presentations, email layouts, photo retouching, photography, animations and others.
You will be working closely with other designers, marketers, and engineers maintaining the visual standards, and ensuring total continuity for the UI layer and marketing deliverables. You will take low fidelity wire frames, prototypes, or other testable media and quickly turn them into intuitive, and engaging user interfaces and solid interactions for delivery across mobile and web-based platforms.
- Design and drive concepts for multiple digital projects (Apps, site, e-mail, display) ensuring creative meets briefs and objectives
- Generate new ideas and support design leads on campaign concepts and sitewide sales
- Partner with other team members and freelancers to improve the photography which will be used in digital and print deliverables.
- Able to efficiently operate under a high-pressure environment. Flexible and adaptable to changes in business requests and able to provide smart solutions to design challenges in a short timeframe.
- Able to operate independently in developing thoughtful designs. Follow through with projects from start to finish, while gaining creative leads alignment and approval in design direction.
- Seek input, requirements, and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present these back to the team.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
- 5+ years of design experience.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other technologies is a plus
- Proven experience designing site pages, email and display
- A portfolio that reflects strong UI design concepts, exceptional design sensibility and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and research skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, with the company paying 100% of the plan, for both you and your family
- Gourmet lunches prepared by some of the most talented chefs in the country
- You’ll be surrounded by superstars who work harder, more passionately and more productively than any other team you’ve been part of.
- Robots are cool. Robots that make food are even cooler. Your family and friends will think you have the coolest job in the world.
Chowbotics provides nutritious food anytime, anywhere with the power of robotics. Its feature product, Sally the Salad Robot, offers fully customizable salads 24/7 for commercial venues such as offices, hotels and convenience stores. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity and freshness of ingredients. With 22 canisters of ingredients, more than 10,000 salad options are possible and can be made in about 90 seconds. CB Insights recently recognized Chowbotics as one of the 89 startups reinventing the restaurant industry. Fast Company highlighted Sally the Salad Robot (along with the drive-through window and Instagram!) as one of 10 restaurant innovations changing the way we eat. Future robots from Chowbotics will focus on breakfast bowls, poke bowls, soups, and quinoa bowls.
In the next 5 years, robots will be everywhere in the food service business. Chowbotics is the #1 company in this $50B market right now, with the first commercially sold food making robot from the United States. In a world where junk food is affordable and readily available, Chowbotics products make nutritious food tasty, affordable and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Studies indicate regular consumption of foods made by Chowbotics robots could reduce incidence of diseases such as cancer and diabetes, make people productive and energized and in addition make people look fitter and feel better. For more information about Chowbotics, visit www.chowbotics.com. Investors include Foundry Group, Techstars Ventures and Geekdom Fund.
As seen in Bloomberg Pursuits, Food & Wine, The New York Times, CNN, TechCrunch and CNBC
Please email HR@chowbotics.com for pursuing this opportunity.