- Provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- Mentor engineers on the team, and help them grow in skill level.
- Perform hands-on technical work at least 75% of the time.
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Has played an important role in taking a product to manufacturing that had $10M in revenue or higher
- Proficient with mechanical CAD tools, reliability analysis, prototyping, design-for-manufacturing, cost reduction methods. Familiarity with electronics tasks such as PCB design and firmware will be a bonus.
- The ability to work super-hard, learning and growing quickly, being low on ego are must-haves.
Interested in applying for this position? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Chowbotics develops robots for food service. By automating repetitive tasks, Chowbotics aims to increase productivity and enable creativity, both in and out of the kitchen. The company’s first product, Sally the Salad Robot, allows users to create custom salads. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity of ingredients, keeping them fresh, sanitary, and separate. Future robots will offer breakfast as well as Mexican and other ethnic foods. These robots could be used in cafeterias, restaurants, hotels and other commercial venues. Chowbotics, was founded by Deepak Sekar, Ph.D., an inventor with more than 100 patents. He serves as the CEO. Rich Page, an Apple Fellow who joined Steve Jobs as Co-Founder and VP at NeXT, is Executive Chairman. Food service automation expert Dorothy Cudia serves as Vice President of Engineering. Charlie Ayers, “the chef who fed Google,” is Executive Chef, and Kelly Olazar is Vice President, Culinary Services. Investors include Techstars Ventures and Foundry Group.