Manage the US and India Engineering Teams which have team members focused on mechanical engineering, electronics, software, quality, reliability and test.
- You have taken at least one product to market which has brought in $10M in revenue, or more.
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering, software, electronics, test, reliability, quality and manufacturing
- You have a super-organized, disciplined personality. You don’t drop the ball on anything despite twenty things on your plate at any point of time. An ability to set processes for the team is necessary.
- You possess an ability to hire superstars. Having a pool of talented people you have mentored in the past who would follow you into Chowbotics is a big plus.
- Since the software team is India and manufacturing is in China, you may be pulled into telecons at 5.30pm or 9pm in the night.
- You should be able to mentor engineers and help them grow from a technical standpoint. Being passionate about technical work is crucial since that makes your team members feel passionate about that too. An ability to do hands-on technical work once in a while is necessary.
- At Chowbotics, we believe anything is possible if people try their best, are humble and look for ways to get better all the time. You should have the ability to build that culture and belief in your team.
Chowbotics develops robots for food service. By automating repetitive tasks, Chowbotics aims to increase productivity and enable creativity, both in and out of the kitchen. The company’s first product, Sally the Salad Robot, allows users to create custom salads. A video of Sally the Salad Robot is available at this link. Proprietary technology ensures precise caloric counts and protects the integrity of ingredients, keeping them fresh, sanitary, and separate. Future robots will offer breakfast as well as Mexican and other ethnic foods. These robots could be used in cafeterias, restaurants, hotels and other commercial venues. Chowbotics, was founded by Deepak Sekar, Ph.D., an inventor with more than 100 patents. He serves as the CEO. Rich Page, an Apple Fellow who joined Steve Jobs as Co-Founder and VP at NeXT, is Executive Chairman. Charlie Ayers, the chef who set up Google’s food program, is Executive Chef, and Kelly Olazar is Vice President, Culinary Services. Investors include Techstars Ventures and Foundry Group.
- Gourmet lunches prepared by some of the most talented chefs in the country
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, with the company paying 100% of the plan, for both you and your family
- You’ll be surrounded by superstars who work harder, more passionately and more productively than any other team you’ve been part of.
- Robots are cool. Robots that make food are even cooler. Your family and friends will think you have the coolest job in the world.