Technical Lead, Software (Cloud Backend)
Chowbotics is looking for a high-caliber software engineer to lead the development of its cloud backend. The suitable candidate will have a go-getter attitude, passion for solving complex software design problems, and experience in building scalable and elastic modern cloud architectures.
- Implement and maintain our cloud backend software; own any cloud management related activities such as data backup and migration, scaling and managing the cloud infrastructure; maintain desired cloud security and data privacy compliances; and enable integration with our robots and the cloud application frontend.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented, and reliable code.
- Write unit tests and automate execution of test cases to ensure that code quality meets a minimum set standard before it is handed to the software testing team.
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders throughout the software development cycle to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software to our customers.
- Debug customer-reported issues, identify bottlenecks, and design and implement solutions.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CS/CE/IT or a related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science and engineering: algorithms, programming, software architecture skills, SQL and noSQL databases, design patterns, virtualization, etc.
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer, including at least 5 years of hands-on experience in building cloud services and knowledgeable about modern microservice-based and serverless architectures.
- Extensive experience of backend development in Node.js and implementing RESTful Web services.
- Familiarity with AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, Redshift, and S3; working knowledge preferred.
- Good understanding of Web standards and best practices: OWASP security principles, CORS, JSON, HTTPS, etc.
- Experience in implementing unit tests and testing automation, and excellent debugging skills.
- A team player with ability to work well with remote team members, including in overseas locations.
- Excellent English communication skills and a flair for working in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chowbotics makes fresh food accessible with Sally, the world’s first fresh food robot. Sally’s innovative technology provides customizable salads, bowls, and snacks 24/7 in a 3’X3’ space. Chowbotics was recently selected as one of The World’s Most Innovative Companies in Robotics by Fast Company, joining a prestigious list of companies “making the most profound impact on both industry and culture.” Fast Company previously highlighted Sally as one of “10 Restaurant Innovations Changing the Way We Eat” and as a finalist in the 2018 World-Changing Ideas Awards. The National Restaurant Association’s Kitchen Innovation Awards, BIG Innovation Awards, Edison Awards, and Best in Biz Awards recently recognized Chowbotics for the robot’s impact on the foodservice industry. For more information about Chowbotics, visit www.chowbotics.com.
In the next 5 years, robots will be everywhere in the foodservice business. Chowbotics is the #1 company in this $50B market right now, with the first commercially sold food-making robot from the United States. In a world where junk food is affordable and readily available, Chowbotics products make nutritious food tasty, affordable and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Studies indicate regular consumption of foods made by Chowbotics robots could reduce the incidence of diseases such as cancer and diabetes, make people productive and energized and in addition make people look fitter and feel better. For more information about Chowbotics, visit www.chowbotics.com. Investors include Foundry Group, Techstars Ventures and Geekdom Fund.